and prospective residents of the Camper Park
Utility shutdowns will occur during the 2013-14 academic year which will result in Graduate Student Housing and the Camper Park being without electricity during the following dates: August 31 – September 2, 2013* and approximately two days in December 2013 (exact dates to be determined)
(*dates subject to change).
The Camper Park is a facility which offers UCSC students an unique housing option. The Camper Park is located on campus near the north remote parking lot. The park includes community buildings with restrooms, showers and laundry facilities; a community lounge with TV, computers and room to relax or study; and live-in staff.
Eligibility for the UCSC Camper Park is:
- restricted to current regularly enrolled full-time UCSC students.
- Full time enrollment status must be maintained throughout a student's residency.
- The park remains open during all academic breaks as well as during the summer.
- Attendance at summer session is not required for students who are registered for Fall quarter.
- Residents may have a roommate live with them with the prior approval of the University.
- Roommates are subject to the same eligibility requirements as the primary resident and there is an additional fee.
- A legal spouse is permitted, and need not be a student.
- No more than two people may occupy a vehicle and no children are allowed.
Residents of the Camper Park provide their own residence vehicles. These must be commercially manufactured units intended for use as a residence. Trailers and motorhomes are eligible if they meet all university requirements. All residential vehicles must be fully operational and must be currently registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. No tents, truck mounted campers, tent trailers, vans or automobiles are permitted. All vehicles must pass a comprehensive inspection before being moved to the Camper Park and are regularly inspected thereafter. Inspections take place on campus after a student has been assigned a space. No pre-purchase inspections are available. Maximum vehicle length is 28 feet, including the hitch and any attachments. No exceptions are made. Some spaces will only accommodate smaller vehicles. All residence vehicles must include:
- Cooking facilities
- 110 volt grounded AC electrical system
- Adequate lighting and heating
- Fire extinguisher, smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and propane leak detector
- Sink with running water
View 2012-13 year rates.
Find out more about the Waitlist Application. Note: there is a waiting period for a space at the Camper Park.
If you have questions call (831) 459-4388 or email email@example.com.