Give us your feed back - Housing Comment Card
Logo Housing home page UCSC home page
Sammy the Slug and Student

Welcome New Fall 2014 Admits

When to apply for housing, move-in dates, etc.
more »

Water Conservation Logo
Water Conservation at UCSC

more »

Living paper towel free in the residence halls

Living Paper Towel Free in the Residence Halls

Student initiative moves campus toward zero waste
more »

Safety begins in bed

Safety Begins in Bed

more »

College Night Celebration

College Night Celebrations - a UCSC Tradition!

more »

Quarter Breaks

Winter Break: The period between fall and winter quarters—winter break—is not covered by the academic year housing contract. In addition to the campus dining halls and most other dining locations being closed during the winter break, the residential facilities at the ten colleges, Transfer Community, Redwood Grove, The Village, and the University Town Center will close at 12 noon on Friday, December 13, 2013 and will reopen on Friday, January 3, 2014.

Key Dates:
Thursday, December 12, 2013 Finals and fall quarter end. Last meal served is dinner.
Friday, December 13, 2013 Residences close at 12:00 noon.
Friday, January 3, 2014 Residences reopen at 10:00 a.m. First meal served is brunch - more »
Monday, January 6, 2014 Instruction begins for winter quarter

Students who have a valid need to stay in residence during the weekend following fall finals (Dec.13-15) may request a fall quarter housing contract extension. Requests will be limited to these specific dates and are subject to the review and approval of the student’s college/residential facility. Requests may be submitted through Student Housing Online from Wednesday, November 13 through Friday, December 6. Any student discovered in a closed residential facility without an approved contract extension will be assessed a $100.00 unauthorized stay over fee, escorted off the premises, and may face judicial action.

Spring Break The period of residence between winter and spring quarters is covered by this contract. Although there is no additional fee, Student may be required to submit a written request to remain in residence during any portion of the break period. Please note that dining service in the dining halls is not available during this time.

Graduate Student Housing and the Camper Park
The housing contracts for Graduate Student Housing and the Camper Park are for the full academic year (through the end of June), and students may stay in residence during all academic breaks.