Summer Session Housing
Summer Session students live in the Porter College residence halls and enjoy the opportunity to meet and interact with other college students from UC Santa Cruz and other campuses, cities, states, and countries.
The residence halls, which include both shared (double, triple, quad) and private (single) rooms, have shared bathroom facilities. Additional amenities include internet access, cable television, computer/technical support, and laundry facilities.
Each student receives an allocation of dining Slug Points based on the length of residency. Slug Points is a declining balance plan accepted at any open UC Santa Cruz Dining Hall and at PERK Coffee Bar at Physical Sciences Building, and at Terra Fresca Coffee Bar. You choose how many points to spend at any time – purchase a meal, a snack, or just a cup of coffee. Each Slug Point has a dining value of $1 and the amount spent is simply deducted from the dining plan on your student ID card.
Room rates for Summer Session are discounted by 50% from the preceding academic year (rates shown are the discounted rates). Comparison based on academic year quarterly rates and 10-week Summer Session rates.
|Meal Prices (must use Slug Points to receive this price)|
Apply for Summer Session Housing
The Summer Session Housing Application/Contract is available through Student Housing Online (studenthousing.ucsc.edu) beginning May 1. Priority will be given to students who submit a housing application before May 31.
UCSC students who live on-campus and need continuous housing between the academic year and summer session (spring-summer transition and/or summer-fall transition) can apply for transitional housing through Student Housing Online (studenthousing.ucsc.edu).
- Spring-Summer Transitional Housing students move from their spring housing assignments to summer session housing at 4pm on Tuesday, June 20, 2017. In order to be allowed to stay in your spring assignment until that time, you also need request a contract extension through Student Housing Online (available beginning May 18).
- Summer-Fall Transitional Housing is available to students who live in Session 2 or 10-week summer session housing and also have a fall housing assignment. Students in Summer-Fall Transitional Housing are automatically signed up for the Early Arrival Program and will relocate to their fall residence at the conclusion of transitional housing. Additional early arrival fees apply.
Billing and Payment
Once assigned to housing, room and board charges will be posted to your university billing account and an electronic billing statement will be generated. You can view your billing statement and account activity online through the Student Portal (my.ucsc.edu).
Financial Aid: Any housing/dining balance not covered by financial aid awards is the responsibility of the student. Financial Aid recipients are advised to:
- Review and ensure all financial aid eligibility requirements have been met (financialaid.ucsc.edu)
- Review a summary of financial aid award(s) with an adviser in the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
- For contract and billing questions, contact the Campus Housing Office at (831) 459-2394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org