University Town Center
The University Town Center (UTC), located at 1101 Pacific Avenue (on the corner of Pacific and Cathcart streets in downtown Santa Cruz), houses students amidst all that downtown has to offer, including cafés, restaurants, shops, museum, movie theaters, library and more! Continuing, transfer, re-entry, and graduate students are eligible to live here.
- Double and triple occupancy studio apartments with private bathrooms and kitchenettes
- Virtual tour ( QuickTime software required to view virtual tour- it's free. )
- No meal plan required; however, meal plans are available
- Rate includes internet, cable, and utilities
- The UTC is a smoke free facility in all indoor areas, including students' rooms
- Fifth floor lounge has two computers and two study areas
- The fourth floor lounge features a large-screen TV, as well as a full kitchen, with oven and dishwasher for community events
- Laundry room with card-operated washers and dryers
- Live-in manager and student staff plan activities and assist residents
- Riding the bus is easy for UTC residents - it's less than 200 yards from the Santa Cruz Metro.
- University route Metro buses serve the campus every five to eight minutes on academic days.
- UTC residents are allowed to keep their bikes in their rooms. Bike lockers are available from the city for a nominal fee.
- Catch the convenient UCSC bike shuttle to campus. It picks you (and your bike) up directly across the street from the UTC.
- Parking for UTC residents in downtown Santa Cruz is limited and can be expensive.
Terms & Conditions
Housing contracts are for the full academic year. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the University Town Center contract. the housing coordinator