The Village, located in UCSC’s Lower Quarry on the east side of campus, is a unique community for junior and senior continuing, transfer, and re-entry students, as well as graduate students. Continuing sophomores interested in the PICA theme will also be considered. The site, adjacent to the Farm and Garden, is in the heart of the Great Meadow. Existing redwoods, native grasses and other trees have been preserved as part of the natural landscape.
- Each house features nine single rooms, three bathrooms, and one kitchenette
- Virtual tour QuickTime software required to view virtual tour—it's free.
- Community building includes kitchen stations
- Laundry room with washers and dryers
- TV lounge/common area for community events
Staff and Programming
- An on-site coordinator, student Resident Assistants and housing staff provide orientation, support services and assist residents with concerns or questions
- Throughout the year staff provide a variety of social, educational and other programs for residents of The Village
- A night time Community Safety Officer patrols the grounds and assists residents with lockouts, policy enforcement, and emergencies
- The Village is home to The Program In Community & Agroecology (PICA). PICA is an experiential living-learning program located at The Village in UCSC’s lower quarry (more...)
- Nearby campus and city bus service
- Night shuttles provide pick-up and drop-off service at The Village
- Bicycle storage racks are available
- Bicycle paths are adjacent to The Village
- Staircase provides quick connection to shuttle stops, East Remote parking lot, and walking paths